Monday, May 18, 2009

Work?

Hey all!

So today was my first day at work. It seems a little inaccurate to call it work, but I guess if you are getting paid then theoretically that's what it is. My UK colleagues are great people, which I already knew, but that made for a really nice day.

Liv had a top day as well. She walked the Long Walk in the great park to a statue - not sure who it was of (I think a king, but my Latin is not so good) but that was on a hill from which she could look all the way down the walk back to Windsor castle. The photos look fantastic, and despite my good day I was more than a little jealous that I wasn't there! Apparently she could see Heathrow from there - the planes passing overhead are a constant reminder that we aren't far away from where we landed.

Anyway, our hotel is great; we are at the Sir Christopher Wren which is actually his house that has been converted to a hotel. Situated right on the river, the dining room looks straight onto the water and across to Eton (we went and saw Eton College when wandering around yesterday).

So, the fact that it's a converted house means that access to our room is hilarious! No less than five flights of stairs to make it up here! For a laugh, I thought I'd document the epic trip in photos:

























And here's the actual room - top floor!





Anyway, off for some Thai for dinner in a restaurant in town which is about 2 minutes walk away.

Love to all,
Mick and Liv

1 comment:

  1. It is safe to say I am a little jealous of your whole trip!

    Good work on the blogs, they sure make being work a bit more interesting - but also more difficult.

    ReplyDelete